Usually the answer would have to be the TTM 57SL but an uprising company based in New Zealand have recently released their own – video solution for the SL1 box users, which practically removes the need for a TTM 57SL and makes the video features available to any Serato scratch live hardware owner.
The new software from Inklen, called MixEmergency runs only on mac for the time being with a FAQ anwer for that question, they say that in the near future there will be no PC version of it. It’s using the Scratch Live box as a platform and MIDI controller, and just takes over with built-in effects and system level Quartz video effects to use straight out of the box! MixEmergency is a visualization application only and does not handle any audio processing.
- Mix and scratch1 video files
- MixEmergency supports mixing and scratching of a range of files playable in Quicktime2.
Support for Quartz Compositions
- Why limit yourself to video? Create stunning dynamic visual compositions with Quartz Composer and mix and manipulate them in MixEmergency. You can easily assign parameters within Quartz Compositions to react to the media’s play position and velocity1.
- Quartz Compositions allow you to easily create dynamic visualisations that react to audio and video input. Several example files are included with the MixEmergency demo.
Multiple transition effects
- Choose from a range of transitions to mix between media sources, or set it to randomly select the next transition if you want more time to concentrate on your music.
Assignable MIDI control
- Assigning a MIDI control is as easy as option-clicking a control in MixEmergency and moving the desired MIDI controller.
- Drag and drop media onto either media preview area to load it. Or drag it into the media bank to have it easily accessible while performing. Folders can be dragged onto the media bank to quickly preview multiple clips.
- Easily map the media position and velocity to any effect parameter to create dynamic effects that react to your mixing and scratching.
Scratch LIVE support
- Supports external control by Scratch LIVE by Serato. Loading a video file in Scratch LIVE will cause the associated video to load in MixEmergency.
And so much more….
- Image and text overlays, frame blending, MIDI assignable Quartz Composition parameters, effects, transparent interface….
1 requires external control via Scratch LIVE version 1.8 or greater
2 recommended formats are in the supported media page of the manual. For optimal performance we recommend you follow our video compression guidelines
- MacBook Pro or better
- Video card (128 MB dedicated RAM)
- 2 GB RAM
- Storage space for media
- DVI or S-Video output1
- Mac OS X 10.4.10
- Quicktime 7.3
- Scratch LIVE 1.82
1 for output to an external monitor
2 for external control